It’s time for a quick 10 minute meal! This caprese flatbread is made with only 5 ingredients and everything is from Trader Joe’s.
Focaccia is one of the most irresistible breads, in my opinion. Made with olive oil and salt, then sometimes topped with herbs or vegetables, this Italian flatbread is delicious plain, yet has so much potential to be much more.
With a medium soft but crispy on the outside texture, focaccia is the perfect accompaniment to pasta and soup, and just as delicious when eaten as a sandwich.
I love buying focaccia from Trader Joe’s. They carry the most delicious focaccia, always tasting freshly baked.
The 5 ingredient Trader Joe’s recipe I’m sharing with you today can be served for lunch, dinner, or even as a side dish. Top it with some grilled chicken for some extra protein, or for a vegetarian meal, serve it as is.
So, what’s in this 5 ingredient dinner?
Focaccia, burrata, heirloom tomatoes, balsamic glaze, and arugula.
You will need to use olive oil, salt, and pepper, but I consider those to be “free ingredients”.
Try this recipe the next time you are short on time for a lavish dinner, or when you want something fresh and easy!
I really think there it is not possible to mess up focaccia, so don’t be afraid to change up the toppings and make it your own!
If you are looking for more easy, simple recipes, check out the More Momma Supper Club Meal Plans or my 10 Minute Dinner Cookbook.
Let me know in the comments or tag me on Instagram @moremomma if you make this Caprese Flatbread, or your own variation! I love to see what you’re cooking.
- 1 Large Pre-made Focaccia Bread
- 1-2 Cups Arugula
- 1 Cup Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Cup Burrata or Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Torn
- Balsamic Glaze or Aged Balsamic, to Taste
- Olive Oil, to Taste
- Coarse Salt, to Taste
- Black Pepper, to Taste
- Turn on the broiler to high.
- Place the bread on a foil-lined baking sheet, and place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to warm through and toast just slightly.
- Top with arugula, tomatoes, and burrata cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You can also serve this with grilled chicken for extra protein.